Your round-up of University and local news that you may have missed:
- In wake of the ongoing football child sex abuse claims, Hampshire Police have opened an investigation into historic allegations in the football community.
- A major search was triggered on Southsea beach after a jacket, jogging bottoms and a hoodie were found near the Coffee Cup café on Eatsney esplanade.
- As the Southern Rail strikes continue, more major delays are expected over the christmas period, including services from the Portsmouth stations. With trains to and from Portsmouth being temperamental at the best of times, the unions actions have not been received well. Southern Rail will also be taking legal action against their drivers to halt the strike action.
- A controversial parking system introduced by Portsmouth City Council has caused uproar among Portsmouth motorists. The ‘no-change’ system is supposed to curb theft and criminal damage to the machines, but the system has been described as unfair.
- The University of Portsmouth has cemented ties with a College in Myanmar in Asia. The overseas collaboration has been struck up to create a strategic global network. The University of Portsmouth will work with Chindwin College in partnership with the PBS Academy in Singapore on engineering and business courses.