We all know what University life is like. You could be lying in bed watching Netflix one minute and then realise you’re due at uni the next. What we aren’t told once we are released into the world of cooking for ourselves is how much time you need to put aside for tasty dishes. There are so many recipes around nowadays for students that can take what feels like a whole evening to prepare and make – time we don’t have. Here are two handy, simple recipes to get your tastebuds tingling and giving you more time to do the other important things:
Quick Tomato Pasta
- 4 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 400ml Water
- 1 handful of Spinach (sliced)
- 200g Pasta
- Chilli flakes (to taste)
- Place pasta and spinach in a microwaveable bowl and pour in 400 ml of water.
- Cover your bowl and microwave for 10 mins, or until the pasta in tender.
- While the pasta is cooking combine your tomato puree, onion power and garlic powder with half of your oil. This is your sauce.
- Drain the cooked pasta and spinach and pour into a bowl.
- Toss your pasta and spinach in the rest of your oil.
- Stir in your tomato puree sauce, ensuring your pasta is completely covered.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, for some kick add a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- 1 pack of instant noodles
- 400ml water
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 100g Ready cooked chicken
- ½ Carrot
- 1 handful of Spinach
- 1 Spring onion
- Break your pack of instant noodles into a microwavable dish and add 400ml of water.
- Cover your bowl and microwave for 5 minutes.
- While that is cooking prepare you meat and veg; dice your cooked chicken and shred your carrots and spinach.
- Drain excess water and place your noodles into a bowl.
- Toss your noodles in the soy sauce, oil and chilli flakes.
- Layer on your diced chicken and shredded carrot and spinach and garnish with chopped spring onion.